Monday, October 25, 2010

A DASHing Role Model




We all have our own role models--the people that we look up to and aspire to be like. For me, I've been completely obsessed with Kim Kardashian ever since she first came on the scene.  It was so refreshing to finally see a celebrity with a "real body" and not someone who looks like they need to eat seven cheeseburgers. 
She has also openly discussed her past weight issues and diet struggles.  It's nice to know that celebrities are real people too and no one is perfect.  Nothing makes me more frustrated than when I hear someone brag about how they eat fast food and never work out yet they still weigh 100 pounds.
"I grew up looking at skinny models and feeling like I didn't relate," Kardashian, 30, tells the November 2010 issue of Cleo magazine. "So when people come up to me and say they're proud that they have someone they can look up to who has curves, I'm honored."
Kim has also gone public about how she recently lost 15 pounds and how she keeps it off.  She revealed to OK! Magazine that she eats a healthy diet full of protein and veggies but also stated that it's important to give into your cravings once in a while.  She also works out 4-5 days a week with her trainer, Gunnar Peterson. 
She's been featured in numerous magazines about how she stays fit.  I've even tried one of her workouts that I found in Shape Magazine!  She also has several different workout videos available like Fit in Your Jeans by Friday.  Kim Kardashian is a real woman who works hard for her amazing body and she shares her tips/secrets with the rest of us!  I keep her Shape Magazine cover next to my mirror as motivation and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  The right celebrity/role model can motivate you!  Kim is truly my fitness role model!
Here's a link to a clip from just one of her workout DVD's...
Fit in Your Jeans by Friday

1 comment: