Monday, December 13, 2010

One Cool Tool

Recently, I started working out with a personal trainer at a gym called Equinox.  As a part of training, you're supposed to take an "Equifit Test" which tests your fitness, helps you write your goals, and calculates your BMI.  I was absolutely fascinated with this.  BMI stands for Body Mass Index and it tells you how much fat you have based on your height and weight.  I was measured by my trainer and I have 21% body fat. I gasped at this number but he reassured me that I was in the healthy range.  For women, anywhere from 18-24% is average and women need about 13% body fat to live.  You can calculate your own BMI on the internet by entering your height/weight/age.  Just another way technology can help you keep fit!
BMI CALCULATOR

No comments:

Post a Comment